Diet of the puppy
Proper feeding plays a very big role inDevelopment and health of your while "small" pet. The puppy needs proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and micro elements, when compiling a diet, it is very important not only the amount of all these vitamins, but also their ratio.
Your puppy needs a balanced diet at the age of one month to a year, based on his physiological and energy needs.
The value and quantity of individual products eachThe host can determine specifically for his puppy by the method of the test. However, fatness and completely eaten food and a licked bowl, a good indicator that you have chosen the right amount of food for your pet.
The basic rules of compiling a diet of a puppy
- Here are a few words about the multiplicity of puppy feeding. It is considered a 30-45 day old puppy to be fed 5-6 times a day. But it is worth to reduce the number to 4 times a day, as frequent feeding discourages the appetite. When growing your pet, it is worth remembering that he is a predator, and he is not a vegetarian, so his diet should be a product of the animal world, rich in protein.
- Proportionality of plant substances in the dietThe puppy should be 3: 1. Dogs best learn raw meat. But since protein products are not enough, you have to give the puppy fish and dairy products. A large amount of protein will not harm your pet.
- It is best to feed your pet with beef,Pork should not be given, but a tender mutton so you can. For feeding, beef of any sort is suitable, most importantly, that it would not be greasy, but fresh.
- Do not think that the puppy should only be fedSelect meat, meat with veins or cartilage will completely come off, etc. Do not give the puppy a minced meat, but they need raw bones (for example, veal or other young animals), on which there is enough cartilage and the remains of meat.
- Keep out of the way that the puppy does not get sharpSplinters of bones. It is not recommended to give the pupil the tubular bones of birds. Still useful and by-products such as: liver, lungs, heart, udder, but it should be cooked. The danger of the inside can be represented if it is hunting prey, mainly because of worms.
- Fish should be given sea and not fat (cod,Hake, pollock), raw or lightly cooked. See that there are no worms in it. The fish is inferior to meat in terms of nutritional value, and it should be given in larger quantities. A small fish of the type (sprat) can be fed as a whole, and a large one should remove the fins, and it can be combined with the egg raw.
- Milk to children are given up to four months of age. Then replace it with kefir, yogurt or other sour-milk products. The thing is, at a later age the dog's organism loses its ability to absorb lactose well, in addition, milk retains water in the intestines, and this can cause diarrhea (PONOS). You can add a little honey to the milk.
Cottage cheese should be given separately from other foods and should be diluted with milk. Puppies are very useful calcined cottage cheese, which we can easily prepare with our own hands on this recipe:
Bring to a boil 1 liter of fresh milk andPour into it 3 tablespoons 10% solution of calcium chloride (you can buy at the pharmacy). Approximately 2-3 minutes after complete curtailing, remove from heat and discard in a colander. If your baby does not eat cottage cheese badly, add a little cheese or butter to it should help. You can cook curd cheese from cottage cheese or, say, casserole as a good option for your pet, believe him. But less subject them to cooking, then badly digest.
Carbohydrates in the diet of a puppy
Carbohydrate puppies are obtained from vegetables and cereals that areAre best digested in boiled water. The most useful flakes are oats or oatmeal, which can even be given raw with milk or other fermented milk products mixed. Give the puppy and rice, buckwheat, pearl barley, millet.
You can dilute the porridge with broth and add to ita bit of raw meat, cut into small pieces. Whether soup porridge should be not much liquid as well as the type of gruel. It is useful to add to food, dry laminaria (purchased preparation milled in a coffee grinder and only after that add) a source of iodine, which requires the body puppy.
The importance of vegetables is often exaggerated in nutritionPuppy. Yes, they must be, undoubtedly, in his diet, but there are some who are prone to gluttony and begging, and therefore it is difficult to maintain them in good shape. And vegetables are not as caloric as cereals. From vegetables, you can give carrots, cabbage, cabbage (a limited number), cucumbers, greens, tomatoes. Potatoes and legumes should not be misused, they are poorly digested. And they contribute to the formation of gases in the intestine. Carrots are better to rub on a small grater and give with vegetable oil and all grated vegetables with sour cream.
To feed the puppy, it is best to useA small bowl, best enameled. Make sure that the puppy always has clean and fresh water. Remember that when the puppy grows up and the dose increases, do not increase it very sharply. Overeating can cause indigestion. Do not give the puppy sweets, cookies, chocolate in the future it can lead to obesity. And for you and for the puppy it's best that he does not know the taste of sweets.