Parenting puppy: basic mistakes
When a puppy is planted, the owner must know in advance how to properly rear the dog. Errors made in the first months of development can seriously damage the relationship with the pet.
The most common mistakes in the education of a puppy
1. Leave the dog without communication. Beginning dog breeders are very afraid of dog diseases and try to protect the puppy from any communication up to six months. However, childhood spent in seclusion, badly affects the psyche of the dog. She develops fears, and behind them aggressiveness.
Therefore, you need to constantly introduce the puppy to new people, animals (the same cats), carry in different transport and new territories.
2. To be impermanent in prohibitions. This confuses the animal. It can not understand why yesterday it was possible to sleep in the master's bed, and today it is already impossible. And as a result, the dog will begin to dictate its rules, convenient to her.
Therefore, all family members should clearly know and follow the same rules with respect to the dog. She must know for sure if it is "impossible", it can never and under no circumstances.
3. Catch the dog with goodies. Delicacies should be for the dog the kind of money that she must earn. If she spoil the "delicious" for no reason, they lose their value and can no longer be used for training. Even if the dog knows some of the commands perfectly, let them perform them each time, earning encouragement.
In addition, the abundance of goodies spoils the appetite and poorly reflects on the stomach of the animal.
4.Okazyvat dog - also an error. The puppy understands that you are angry, but do not associate it with your behavior. Therefore, the scream and the more spanking only lead to the fact that the dog will start to fear the owner, and not love and respect.
You can raise your voice slightly at the very moment of the "crime" and clearly say: "It is impossible!" If two or three minutes have passed, the dog will lose the connection between the offense and the prohibition.
5. Rarely train. The puppy already at an early age formed bad habits and without a constant correction of behavior, in adulthood they will be difficult to get rid of.
The master's task is to start training the puppy already from 8 weeks old. It should be obedience commands "Sit!" And "Stand!" This is the most favorable age for developing norms of behavior.
6. The lack of movement. Often people start a dog without realizing that it takes at least two hours a day to walk with it. They deduce it in the morning and in the evening for 10 minutes, circling around the house, and believe that this is enough. However, the dog is a very energetic animal. And if this energy does not result in physical activity, then it will go into bad behavior, aggression, unjustified barking.
Therefore, you need to find an opportunity to walk with the dog for a long time, including not on a leash, to play with it with a ball, to go in for sports.
7. Unsatisfactory mental activity. Without using his brain activity, the animal is bored. If the puppy stays home alone he needs to give toys. Often play with him and do training.
8.Errors in training, too, often spoil the dog's behavior. The most frequent and harmful mistake is the punishment at the subversion. If the dog did something wrong, and then went to the subpoena, and you punished her, she will become afraid to approach. She has an association that this is what made you angry. After the "To me" command, never punish a dog.
9. Wrong teaching to the toilet. Punching a puppy nose in a puddle or a pile will not lead to his patience. This is a physiological need and there must not be a terrible association with it. Simply put a place where "this" can be done by newspapers and gradually narrow this patch, removing one newspaper. In this case, regularly walk the puppy immediately after eating. Read more about how to accustom the puppy to the toilet.
10. Punishment for natural behavior. People often interpret the dog's behavior as "doing it wrong". But animals are not capable of such misconduct. They have serious reasons for licking your face or writing for joy, and maybe for horror. To blame for this behavior is not only meaningless, but also harmful to the psyche of the puppy.
If you try to avoid these errors in the education of a puppy, then with a high probability you will be able to grow up a loyal and obedient pet.