The differences between the husky and the malamute: the comparison of two breeds, the difference and similarity
In the minds of ordinary people the Siberian Husky breedIs common to all sled dogs. Often you can see ads that are selling puppies of Alaska Husky or Siberian Malamute, which can only cause a smile.
The breeding of sled dogs by inexperienced owners who do not even know what their dog's breed is called is even more confusing. In fact, the Alaskan Malamute and the Siberian Husky are two different breeds that belong to one common category of northern sled dogs.
Differences of breed Siberian Husky from Alaskan Malamute
These two breeds are very different from each other. Anyone who has communicated with representatives of these riding breeds will confidently distinguish them from each other, not only in appearance but also in character. Even the manner of movement in these dogs is different.
Malamute and Husky differences are, first of all, in the destination.
- Malamute was displayed as a strong dog, capable of carrying heavy loads not very fast, but this dog can run for very long without fatigue.
- At the Husky main advantage is the speed by which it moves swiftly, but it is not capable of carrying gravity.
- Malamute gives the impression of a powerful dog, in which a well-developed musculature and strong bones deprive her of easy and rapid movements. For her, the main characteristics are strength and endurance.
- Huskies are composed more proportionally, their movements are light and fast, their entire structure is subordinated to the main goal - a fast and beautiful movement.
- The expression of the face of the malamute is more benevolent, the Huskies are a bit like a cunning fox, who tries to be disgusting.
Most important and noticeable for ordinary peopleThe difference between the Husky and Malamute breeds - according to the standard, only brown eyes are allowed in the malamute, and the Husky representatives can boast of beautiful blue eyes, which are so popular with most people.
The similarity of the Siberian husky and Alaskan malamute
Despite many differences, there are similar features that introduce inexperienced people into the intricacies of dog breeding.
- Both breeds belong to the same category - northern sled dogs intended for transporting people and cargo in winter conditions.
- These dogs have thick wool, which allows them to bear even severe frosts. In addition, the standards of its color are very similar.
- The growth of malamute and husky is approximately the same. Malamute is above his relative only a couple of centimeters, which is imperceptible at first glance.
All this allows us to find a certain similarity in these breeds. It is necessary to realize that, despite the fact thatDogs of the Husky and Malamute breeds belong to the same species, they are still two separate breeds, each of which represents a certain value for breeding.