Feeding shitzu: puppies and nutrition of adult dogs
Shih Tzu - the breed is tender enough and even refined. This applies to the diet, which must correspond to the physical characteristics of the organism of this breed.
Owners who prefer natural feeding of pets should carefully select products for the dog. Shih Tzu is not recommended for many of the foods that people eat.
What foods should be excluded from eating Shih Tzu?
So, the dog of this breed should not give products from pork and river fish, pearl barley, potatoes and pasta, as well as beans (lentils, peas, beans).
Categorically contraindicated for shih tzu sweets and smoked products. In the form of encouragement, the dog can only be given special dog treats.
Recommended products with natural shih tzu feeding
- Of meat products, raw meat is best: beef, veal, turkey, chicken, rabbit.
- In the diet can be added beef by-products: lung, liver, heart, scar, tongue. In this case, the liver can be given only in cooked form.
- From fish it is possible in the diet only salmon fillets or other marine non-greasy form.
- One of the ways of eating shih-tzu can be porridge fromRice or buckwheat with finely chopped meat, but not scrolled in a meat grinder. However, in dogs of light color from buckwheat, wool can turn pink. If such a shade is not included in your plans, you will only need to feed the dog with rice.
- In the shih-tzu menu, dairy products should also be included: kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese. Milk is better not to give.
- You need to add a diet of vegetables (zucchini, carrots, any cabbage) and fruits in the form of raw grated salads.
Some shih-tzu breeders recommend separate food for this breed. That is, in the morning you can offer the dog cottage cheese, for dinner, rice with vegetables and vegetable oil, and for dinner - meat.
Feeding shih ttsu with dry food
When choosing dry food for shih tzu, one should rememberThat the pride of this breed is her wool. And its beauty and well-being largely depends on the quality of the feed. In this case, some foods can cause stomach upset or an allergy in the dog. And to enter any new food you need with great care.
For shih tzu it is better to choose a dog food superPremium class with low fat and protein, designed for decorative rocks. For example, similar feeds produce lines Proplan, Royal Canin, Ekanuba and others.
Dry food for dogs of this breed can be given is in dry form. This is useful for the teeth of young animals. Also, the granules can be soaked in water. This is especially important for puppies and aging dogs.
When feeding with dry food it is important to always monitor the presence of clean water in the bowl and its accessibility to the animal. Dry dog food causes an easy thirst.
Feeding Shih Tzu puppy
Puppies up to three months of age give well-boiled milk porridges, mostly oats and cottage cheese.
Diversify the nutrition of Shih Tzu puppies with chicken boiled meat, cheese, apple, grated carrots with sunflower oil, boiled sea fish.
After three months, the oat-flakes can not be cooked, butSteaming with boiling water, cooking ordinary buckwheat porridge with a small amount of butter. Every day a cheese is required with a drop of sour cream and honey. You can enter raw meat, raw vegetables and fruits.