Feeding puppy poodle and adult dog, diet food
What to give a poodle? How and what to feed a puppy of a poodle and an adult pet? When they talk about the nutrition of a dog, many owners immediately decide that the main food is meat. However, only meat feeding can kill a dog.
From the first days, a reasonable owner will establish a balanced diet that includes a sufficient number of proteins, fats, vitamins for dogs, minerals and trace elements.
The diet of the poodle should consist of animal and plant foods that contain all the substances necessary for the body. It was found that to ensure normalThe vital activity of the dog's body per 1 kg of body weight per day is required: proteins 4-5 g, fat 1-2, carbohydrates 12-15, mineral salts 8-10 g; Vitamins: A - 1-5 mg, B1 - 0.5, C - 10, B2 - 2-3, PP - 10 mg.
Feeding a poodle with natural products
The main food is meat (beef) and meatProducts that should be about 2/3 of the diet. Meat fresh or frozen after thawing is usually fed raw in the form of small pieces or minced meat. Daily rate of it from 30 to 400 grams, depending on the weight and age of the poodle. You can give salted meat, but pre-soaked in water, cooked and fed in a half dose of daily allowance.
Meat by-products (legs, pruning, heads) haveSomewhat less nutritional value, so the daily rate of their should be increased by 50-75%. They are given only in cooked form. The meat should be fed to the dog cut into pieces, minced meat is suitable only for puppies and a sick dog when it is necessary to give medicine. Part of the dog's need for animal protein can be covered by eggs. 1-2 times a week poodle can be fed hard-boiled and finely crumbled egg.
The desirable component of the poodle diet should beBe a fish. It is given 1-2 times a week, replacing meat. Sea fish are fed raw, freshwater - boiled. Preliminarily remove the fins and bones. The daily norm is from 30 to 300 g. Puppies for up to 3 months are given only boiled fish, peeled from scales and entrails.
Milk and dairy products (cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.)) For nutrition, digestibility and digestibility are very valuable foods, especially in the nutrition of puppies and nursing bitches. Milk and milk products, as a rule, are fed in raw form. The daily norm of milk can be 0.1-1 liter. Calcined cottage cheese is very useful. It is prepared as follows. Calcium chloride is poured into the boiling milk (1 tablespoon by 0.5 liters). After the milk is curdled, the cottage cheese is thrown over the cheesecloth.
From plant foods, the most widespreadIn the feeding of a poodle has cereal (Hercules, rice, millet, buckwheat). Poodle and barley poodle, like dogs of other breeds, does not eats willingly. The cereals are boiled and fed as semi-liquid cereals. In a day, you can give 100-500 grams of cereals. Poodle food is widely used bread, breadcrumbs, flat cakes (up to 300 grams per day). They can be added to milk or given in kind, usually after the main meal.
The main source of vitamins for a poodle arevegetables and fruits. It is very useful to feed fresh and sauerkraut, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, beets, cucumbers, spinach, young nettles, leaves of young dandelions, any fruits. The daily norm is not more than 200-300 g. Cabbage, beet, spinach, lettuce, parsley, dill, celery are used in raw form, finely ground or grated, usually as an additive to the main food, and also boiled.
Young spring nettle is sliced as much as possibleSmaller and boiled water to neutralize its burning villi. It is very good to urge the dog to vegetable salad, seasoned with vegetable oil or sour cream, and give it to one of the food. It is desirable that your poodle loved apples, berries and other fresh fruits. To enrich your food with vitamins, you can use fish oil (1-2 teaspoons per day).
For the prevention of worms in dogs recommendedOnce a week, give garlic, sliced in small pieces and hidden in minced meat. Dwarf poodle dose - on the tip of the knife, small - in two, and large - three times more. As a vermifuge, you can give a boiled pumpkin.
To prevent the formation and removal of dentalStone in the dog can be added three times a week to eat crushed tomatoes or raw tomato juice without salt. After regular consumption of tomato juice, old stones are very easily removed, and new ones are not formed.
Great importance in the diet poodle haveMineral substances - calcium, sodium, phosphorus, etc. The main source of mineral substances in the diet of the dog are raw bones. In addition, they give sea kale and flax seed, passed through a coffee grinder. When there is a lack of mineral substances in the dog's body, bone meal, coal, yeast, glycerophosphate 1-2 teaspoons per day is used as a mineral supplement.
Many breeders themselves make a mineral mixtureThe following composition: 40 tablets of calcium glycerophosphate, 40 - calcium lactate, 10 - phytin, 15 - activated carbon. All this is thoroughly grinded to the state of powder, mixed and stored in a dry place (before use, 1/3 can of beer yeast is added). The ready mix is added daily to the food with ¼ - 2 ½ teaspoons.
Constant component in feeding a poodleIs raw water. She should always be in a special bowl for this purpose in the same place, available to the dog at any time. The daily requirement for water is about 1.5 - 2 liters. However, when feeding dry food, hot weather, the demand for water increases.
The need for a poodle in feed is determined by taking into accountBody weight, code time, age, sex, physiological condition, calorie content of food. It is necessary to make a full-fledged diet, balanced in all food components. Products must be fresh and quality. Approximate daily rations for an adult poodle are shown in the table. Using tabular data and a little imagination, you can create a diet for your dog.
Approximate daily diet for an adult poodle
The Great Poodle
Dwarf and toy poodle
Meat and meat products, grams
1 piece 2-3 times a week
Bread, bread, pcs.
1-3 after eating
Mineral mixture, h. Spoon
Meat and meat products,
Vegetables, fruit, g
Mineral and vitamin top dressing
If necessary, in the indicated doses
It is estimated that the daily amount of feed forAdult dogs is: for a large poodle 850-1000 grams, for a small poodle - 600 - 850, for a small poodle - 450-600 and for a poodle - 350-450 grams. For pregnant and lactating dogs, this mass should be increased: in the second week of pregnancy - in 1,5 times, on the third-sixth - in 2, and by the end of pregnancy - in 1,2 times; For lactating bitches - in the first-second week - 2.5 times, in the third-fifth week - 3.5 times.
The puppy bitch is fed full-fat fodders with a largeAmount of liquid (milk, soups, warm sweet tea). During this period, a bowl of food should always be near the dog. If the dog during pregnancy and whelping has a poor appetite, a little milk, then they give her apilac, milk with tea, cottage cheese.
The food of the male producer must be especiallyComplete with a predominance of protein feed (meat, cottage cheese) and vegetables with the addition of vitamins A, B, C, D, E. Be sure to add 2-3 eggs per week to the diet.
Puppies feed only on milk in the first days of lifeMother. Approximately from the 10th day (and with a large litter from the 5th-6th day), they should be started to be fed. As a prick, puppies are given whole cow or goat milk (25-30g), heated to a temperature of 25-30 degrees. For 1 liter of milk, add the yolk of a chicken egg. First, milk is given from a bottle with a pacifier, and after about a week, the puppy is taught to lap.
It is good to feed a puppy with a milk mixture of the type"Detolact" for 20-30 grams per 1 reception with the addition of a glass of a mixture of a few drops of lemon and 10-20 grams of honey. From the 15th day, the meat of the puppy is introduced with minced meat (20-25g), porridges and other feeds, gradually increasing their number. It is useful to add grated carrot to grated carrots or butter (20 g of meat + 10 g of carrots or 2 g of butter). Puppies are usually taken away from the mother at 30-40 days of age.
By this time they must be accustomed toIndependent reception of various food. The normal development of the puppy can be determined by the growth of the live weight: by the 9th day it doubles, by the time of weaning from the mother it increases approximately 10 times. Puppies feel the need for vitamins. Therefore, in a day they are given 1 drop of vitamins A and D2 in oil, a large poodle from 5 months - 2 and 3 drops; Small and dwarfish - 2 times less.
Puppies till 3 months are fed 6 times a day, in 3-6Monthly age - 4 times, in 6-12 - monthly - 3 times. At the age of 12 months the dog is considered adult and it can be fed 1-2 times a day. Each owner can independently make a ration for his pet, taking into account the availability of products, guided by the above standards. Here, for example, what is the recommended diet for a small poodle.
Feeding a poodle puppy from 1 to 3 months
- 7-8 h - porridge semi-liquid (except for semolina) - 2 tbsp. Spoons;
- 10-11 h - calcined cottage cheese - 1-2 tbsp. Spoons;
- 13-14 h - raw ground beef - 2.5 tbsp. Spoon and a day later, 0.5 teaspoon of fish oil
- 16-17 h - fruit, grated carrots - 2-3 hours. Spoons, milk - 4 tsp.
- 19-20 h - raw forcemeat, it is possible with grated vegetables - 2-3 tsp.
- 22-23 h - 2 rusks, such as children, soaked in milk.
- Once a week - egg yolk; Once a week - a crude cartilaginous bone (as in a brisket).
Feeding a poodle puppy from 3 to 6 months
- 7-8 h - porridge or oatmeal - 2-3 tbsp. Spoons;
- 13-14 h - 2,5-4 tbsp. Spoons of raw minced meat, mixed with 3-4 teaspoons of crushed vegetables (carrots, cabbage, beets, garlic);
- 18-19 h - calcined cottage cheese or 2-3 crumbs soaked in milk;
- 21-22 h - 3-5 st. Spoons of raw minced meat, mixed with 1-2 tbsp. Spoons of raw vegetables.
- In 3 months - raw egg yolk and cartilage bone - once a week; 0.5 teaspoon of fish oil - every day.
- In 4 months - a shaken raw egg and soft raw ossicles - once a week; 0,5 tsp of fish oil - every day
- In 5 months - a shaken raw egg and soft raw bones - 2 times a week; 0,5 tsp of fish oil - every day
- In 6 months - a shaken raw egg - 3 times a week; Raw bones - 2 times a week; 0.5 teaspoons of fish oil - every day.
Puppy puppy nutrition from 7 months to 1 year
- 7-8 h - porridge or oatmeal with curd cheese, can be 4 dried bread, soaked in milk.
- 13-14 hours - 4 tbsp. Spoon of finely chopped meat, mixed with 2 tbsp. Spoons of vegetables;
- 20-21 h - 5-7 tbsp. Spoons of chopped meat, mixed with 3 tbsp. Spoons of vegetables.
If the dog does not eat calcined cottage cheese, then up to 1.5 years, every day, give 2-3 tablets of calcium gluconate. Every day - for 0.5 teaspoons of fish oil.
Poodle food from 1 year to 1.5 years
- 7-8 h - 4 tbsp. Spoons of chopped meat with 2 tbsp. Spoons of vegetables and 1 tbsp. A spoonful of raw oatmeal;
- 18-19 h - 6-8 tbsp. Spoons of raw meat mixed with 3 tbsp. Spoons of vegetables
- 3 times a week - raw egg; Once a week - raw bones, 0.5 teaspoons of fish oil - every day.
Do not feed the dog withTable. Such a diet will be unbalanced and insufficient for full-value feeding, which will adversely affect the growth, development and physiological condition of the poodle.
Do not forget that there are "loose" breedsDogs that necessarily need a large body weight (St. Bernard, Newfoundland, etc.), and there are elegant breeds such as danes, poodles, pinschers and many others, the standard of which does not allow you to have a loose stomach and a large mass. Therefore, you can not overfeed a poodle. The poodle standard condition should feel the ribs, but at the same time, it is not burned to slack from leanness.
When increasing the mass, try to walk more withThe dog. From the diet, first of all, exclude flour and cereals, and sometimes arrange one fasting day a week. From puddel delicacies can be given walnuts: dwarf - ½ nut a day, small - 1, large - 2. Dry fruits are useful: raisins, dried apricots, prunes, apples.
The basic requirements for poodle feeding:
- Feed the poodle in a strictly defined place, at the same time.
- The dishes should not be on the floor, but on a special stand at the level of the dog's chest. It should be removed immediately after feeding, even if not all are eaten. It should always be clean.
- For a dog in a certain place, fresh raw water should always be standing.
- Do not feed the dog in the kitchen when food is being prepared, and also combine the feeding of the dog with the meal of family members.
- From the very beginning, accustom the dog not to beg at the table, let her know that her food is in a bowl and in a strictly defined place.
It is not recommended to give a poodle:
- Thick and dense porridge, fresh bread, pasta. This food is poorly digested, almost not digested and creates a favorable environment for the reproduction of worms;
- Smoked meat, fatty meat, pork heads, canned meat, spices, a large amount of salt. The result of such feeding can be gastritis, a stomach ulcer in a dog;
- Bird, fish and sharp beef bones, ribs, any boiled bones. Boiled bones are not destroyed by the action of gastric juice and enzymes, and acute - injures the stomach;
- Beans (ripe peas, beans), boiled potatoes. Very coarse fiber and starch are not digested in the stomach of dogs and cause fermentation, increased gas separation and irritation of the shell of the rectum;
- Chocolate, sweets, cookies, muffins and other sweets;
- Foul and sour products;
- Do not combine meat and dairy products in one feeding. The poodle has a very delicate liver and it does not tolerate a violation of the food regime.
You can not use egg shell as a mineral dressing!
Feeding a poodle with canned food and dry food
Recently, much attention has been paid toSpecial dry food for dogs. There were so many of them, different in composition and concentration, that it's right and be confused. However, if a small puppy accustoms the poodle to dry food and canned food, it will be good for you and the dog. For you, the only concern will be to pick up the most suitable feeds, periodically diversify them, and the dog will get everything ready for food that her body needs. Such feeding will be called correct and rational.
During feeding with dry food, do not forget that the dog should drink plenty of water. A bowl of fresh water should always stand next to the food.
Canned food for dogs consists of waste scrappedLivestock, animal flour, cooked from meat, cartilage, viscera, skin and bones, from fish meal, soy, defatted soy flour, wheat gluten, dried blood. The label usually indicates what canned foods are prepared with: a liver, chicken, meat or fish, i. E. What ingredient prevails over others.