Jade in dogs: symptoms, treatment
Nephritis is a fairly frequent kidney disease in dogs, in which the parenchyma becomes inflamed with the primary lesion of glomerular vessels.
The nature of the disease is immunoallergic. In the course of the disease, acute and chronic nephritis is distinguished, and localization is characterized by diffuse and focal nephritis. Most often, dogs develop chronic nephritis slowly.
An acute course of the disease may occurDue to hypothermia, poisoning, injuries, and also after the animal has transferred infectious diseases (parvovirus enteritis of dogs, plague, leptospirosis) and for many other reasons. Often acute nephritis occurs in dogs with impaired urination and cardiac activity.
Symptoms of nephritis in dogs
- At the beginning of the development of nephritis, the dog's appetite decreases, there is an increase in body temperature and depression.
- Because of the painfulness of the kidneys, the animal often takes an unnatural position, arching its back. And if you push him into the area of the kidneys or in the lumbar region - will show concern.
- The dog has swelling of the intermaxillary space, abdomen, eyelids, thighs, dyspeptic phenomena, vomiting.
- The mucous membranes pale or turn blue, thirst often increases.
- There may be shortness of breath on the part of the respiratory system, sometimes a slight cough or stagnant moist wheezing.
- In connection with the presence of a blood overflow of the small circle system and fever, they detect bronchopneumonia and bronchitis.
- At the very first signs of the disease, there are often frequent urge to urinate.
- The dog quickly develops anuria or oliguria.
- Urine becomes cloudy, usually of high density, from light red to brown.
Analysis shows that urine contains a lot ofLeukocytes, erythrocytes, cylinders, tubular epithelium and salts. The pH of the urine also varies. In acute nephritis is characterized by a short-term excretion in the urine of a large amount of protein.
In this case, the blood is diluted because it contains a lot of water, the density of blood serum is reduced. Diagnosis is given to the animal on the basis of laboratory urine analysis and clinical examination data.
Treatment of nephritis in dogs
Depending on the degree of kidney damage, acuteJade can last from one to two weeks and end with either recovery, or (with uremia phenomena) the death of the animal. If the disease is delayed and turns into a chronic form, then it can last not only months, but also years.
An animal with symptoms of nephritis shouldTo suspect an infectious disease and therefore it must be isolated and treated in a comprehensive way. It is also urgently necessary to eliminate the causes of the disease (for example, cold factors).
During the first day of the exacerbation of the disease, a hunger diet is recommended, and after that a limited amount of easily digestible feeds, poor in proteins, is prescribed.
These can be cereals from various cereals and vegetables, low-fat lactic products, vegetable soups and meat lean broths, infusions and herbal medicinal herbs.
- In acute nephritis, a course of antibiotic treatment is necessary (Furadonin with erythromycin or streptomycin).
- In parallel with them, sedative, diuretic (euphyllin), cardiac drugs (caffeine, cardiomin) are used.
- It is necessary to inject intravenously a 0.5% solution of novocaine with ascorbic acid and 10% calcium chloride solution.
In order to prevent disease,In time to eliminate the causes that caused the exacerbation of jade. Avoid ingestion of toxic substances (with medicines or food), avoid hypothermia.