Necrosis in canine and soft tissue dogs
Necrosis is the necrosis of tissues. There are several types of necrosis in places of localization. Most often in dogs, soft tissue necrosis and bone necrosis occur.
To necrosis of soft tissues carry: Gangrene, heart attack, pressure sores, moist (with pus) and dry necrosis. Necrosis of the bone is complete (all bone necrosis) or partial (not a large portion of the bone is affected). If the surface of the bone is necrotic, such a necrosis is called cortical, and when the deep layers are necrotic, it is called central or deep.
Causes of necrosis
Necrosis of soft tissues is direct and indirect, depending on the causes that caused it.
- Direct necrosis Is caused by the direct impact of trauma. Indirect necrosis occurs due to a disruption of tissue nutrition. Direct necrosis occurs as a result of injuries, electric shock, various wounds, burns or frostbite, the action of chemicals (acid, alkali).
- The reason Indirect necrosis Is a violation in the supply of nutrients and oxygen to the cells and tissues as a result of prolonged squeezing, squeezing, pinching, thrombosis or spasm of nerves, blood vessels.
Necrotic infections cause diseaseMicroorganisms that always accompany necrosis. Necrosis of the bone occurs when purulent inflammatory processes occur in certain layers of bone tissue, as well as with mechanical injuries (concussions, bruises, fractures of bones), especially severe burns, frostbite, chemical influences. In connection with these factors, thrombosis occurs and the nutrition of the bone from the vessels is disturbed.
Symptoms of necrosis in dogs
- With necrosis of both soft tissues and bones in the lesion, inflammation and edema are noticeable.
- A damaged skin area changes color, it hurts, pus may appear from the tissues, blisters may appear, an unpleasant smell.
- Over time, there is a poisoning of the whole organism, in connection with which the animal weakens, its body temperature rises.
Without medical assistance, the dog dies. The rate of development of necrosis depends on how long the mechanical effect on the tissue and the further impact of the infection continued, as well as on the anatomical features of the organ that is affected by necrosis.
In the treatment of necrosis can not do without surgery. Dead tissue and organs must be removed. There are two types of operations:
- Necrotomy (dissection of necrosis in order to remove dead soft tissue)
- Necrectomy (amputation or removal of the dead body).
Necrotomy is performed with extensive necrosis, more oftenAll on the chest and legs. With this manipulation, necrotic tissue is cut up to the living tissue. Thus, its nutrition is improved and access to oxygen is restored to it.
Necrectomy is used to prevent infectionSpread further, that is, for the sake of saving the animal's life. In addition, treatment is carried out in the whole complex. In addition to surgical procedures, therapy is also used.
As a rule, drugs that are prescribedHave regenerative properties and immunostimulants. After surgery, antibiotics and pain medications are used. With necrosis of the bone after the operation, antibiotics are prescribed, which are administered by intraosseous injections.
Prevention of disease
Often the cause of such a serious illness is rather minor injuries: bruises, stings, bites.
Therefore, in order to avoid tragic consequences, it is necessary to closely monitor the dog, especially during games and on a walk. All bruises should be inspected, slightest wounds treated with antiseptics, more serious wounds should always be shown to the veterinarian, watch for bandages, do not allow the dog to lick.
If the animal survived any operation, it is necessary to strictly observe all the rules of hygiene, so that no primary or secondary infection with the infection occurs. When the described symptoms of necrosis, it is necessary as soon as possible to contact a specialist for advice.