Feeding puppy English bulldog and adult dog: diet
Deciding what to feed a puppy of an English bulldog, it is better to start by asking the breeder and continue the routine and diet that is customary for the baby.
The peculiarity of feeding this breed should beDiet, in which a lot of protein. After all, these dogs must be strong, but they are absolutely counter-indicative of excess weight. Bulldogs with obesity are more likely to suffer from allergies. And according to the standard of the breed "strong and powerful" does not mean fat. Therefore, when feeding an English bulldog, it is better to stick to a high-calorie diet, which consists of easily assimilated products, so that they do not lead to the formation of fatty deposits.
The choice of dry food should be based onSufficient protein content. The chosen food is best given to the dog as a treat, and to see if the allergy has appeared on it. Although some breeders insist that it is better not to feed this breed with dry food.
Feeding English bulldog with natural products
From feeding dogs of other breeds, feeding English bulldogs should differ due to the predisposition of bulldogs to urolithiasis. Therefore, they can not be fed exclusively with meat.
Because of the peculiarities of the bulldogs' constitution, they can not be fed only with soup. Most of the diet should consist of cereals, vegetables and fruits.
- Meat on the menu should be about 40%. Without restrictions, you can give yogurt, ryazhenka and yogurt. Fish, cheese and fodder additives, as well as any baked goods and potatoes should be excluded from the diet. Do not need bulldog semolina porridge and oatmeal.
- Of meat is best beef, from by-products - everything except the spleen. As a treat it is better to offer smoked or raw pork or beef ears, toys from tendons.
- From cereals it is necessary to cook rice and buckwheat, it is obligatory to give boiled vegetables and raw fruits. Only carefully with cabbage and beans, a large number of them can cause indigestion.
- Eggs need no more than three eggs a week. An adult dog from dairy products will be suitable only for cheese, cottage cheese or yogurt.
- Fish can only be sea and not more than once a week.
- English bulldog categorically contraindicated sausages with sausages, sweets, pickles and other delicacies. All this can cause allergies and strong tear marks from the eyes.
- It is good to add sunflower oil (with grated vegetables) and mineral supplements for dogs.
The diet of an English bulldog puppy should be much richer before three months. He is given both potatoes, and oats, and milk.
Feeding English bulldog puppy and adult dog with dry food
English bulldogs are prone to food allergies. Therefore, when choosing food, first it is worth to buy trial doses and give each new food quite a bit as a treat and a couple of days to carefully observe the animal.
However, there are breeders who are generally againstFeeding this breed with dry food. When choosing a dry food for an English bulldog, you need to be guided by the amount of protein in it. It should be pretty much.
In addition, the bulldog has a number ofPhysiological characteristics, because of which the dog has difficulty in capturing food. She does not gnaw it, but swallows it. Also, dogs of this breed have difficulty breathing during meals and digestion. Often there is swelling of the intestine due to the fact that the diaphragm is curled on the digestive organs. The bulldog is not inclined to actively expend energy and is prone to overweight, which often damages the joints.
Proceeding from these problems, dry food for EnglishBulldog should be especially balanced and easily digestible, with a minimum of products prone to cause allergies. Some companies produce a special feed designed specifically for this breed, for example, Royal Canin.