Massage for Dogs: Basic Principles
Massage is widely used for the prevention andTreatment of diseases not only in humans. But massage for dogs is also very useful and recently veterinarians increasingly recommend that owners do this not a complicated procedure for their pets.
How useful is massage for dogs?
- This method of physiotherapy is very effectiveDiseases of the musculoskeletal system, such as hip dysplasia and trauma in dogs. It accelerates the metabolic processes in the body and increases blood circulation, which better nourishes the muscles with oxygen.
- In the skin with vigorous rubbing, histamine is formed, which dilates the blood capillaries.
- Nervous dog soft muscle grinding will helpOvercome fear, and a hyperactive dog - will calm. If you are afraid of noise to relax the dog, you need to hold a circular massage round your lips, and also - and a large muscle between the base of the tail and the knee tendon.
- And in general, regular contact improves the control over the health of the pet. It is possible to notice in time an increase in body temperature, the appearance of a tumor in the dog, "painful" areas.
- Also, therapeutic massage well complements veterinary treatment and even provides the suffering animal with an additional stimulus for recovery.
Massage is physical contact with an animal andA dog, which from childhood is tamed with caresses, and in adulthood behaves more calmly, more peacefully. And as they grow older and even aging, such an animal will better resist diseases and stresses.
How to massage a dog?
- The simplest massage is stroking the back and belly of the dog, its sides, and also clasping its tail with a hand, stroking it from the root to the tip. The easiest way is to do this with light movements of hands against the coat.
- Shorthair dogs often like the touch of a suede glove. Some dogs like tapping the fingertips of a person on their skin.
- Greyhoundu and lewretke light massaging movements make a silk kerchief on a short wool. Electrified wool in this case causes dogs a special pleasant sensation.
- After easy preparatory movements, you can move on to stronger ones. For example, to hold long "rowing" movements in a standing dog from the abdomen to the back.
- Further on the body of a freely lying dog in differentPlaces you can make a circular rotational motion with the palm of your hand. In this case, the skin should move relative to the muscles. And the dog massage ends with the grinding of the paws. Carefully spread out the fingers of the dog and rub the skin between the pads of the paws.
- At the end of the procedure, you can stroke the entire body of the dog with long movements.
Such a massage usually lasts up to 20 minutes and needs to be repeated several times a week.