Can dogs eat raw meat?
Meat is a very important food product in feedingDogs. In its raw form, the meat contains many useful and nutritious microelements and vitamins. The main thing that it was without fat, which affects the liver of the dog badly.
In the stomach of the dog nature provides for the allocationSpecial digestive juices that are specifically designed for digesting raw meat. And in the stomach and intestines of a dog it is best to digest the food of a predator - a bird, lamb, beef, horse meat.
What is the use of meat for dogs?
- The most useful and rich in useful substances forThe dog is a beef scar. It contains: iron, phosphorus, zinc, enzymes and cellulose, which improve the digestive process. B vitamins are in large quantities found in lamb. They improve the condition of the skin and are responsible for the work of the muscles and mucous membranes. Beef is useful for a large amount of iron, which is responsible for the energy balance and the production of hemoglobin.
- Pork meat is generally not recommended to give the dog: it does not bring benefits, but it overloads the stomach.
- Fit for the dog's meat after allmuch more. In addition to lamb and beef, it can be horse meat, wild beasts, rodents, birds, sea animals (seal, whale, dolphin, walrus, beluga), frogs and even dogs.
In the dog's menu should be at least 30% of meat. Also such calculation is carried out: on 1 kg of an animal it is necessary 15-20 gramme of meat in day. That is, a medium-sized dog needs about 300 grams of meat. Also, the daily rate of meat depends on sex, age, body weight, work performed and the health status of the animal.
To feed a dog with raw meat or not?
Despite the fact that dogs are predators and in nature their ancestors feed on raw meat only, owners of cultivated breeds seriously argue about the way in which meat should be given to a dog, cooked or cheese.
As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle. That is, the choice of meat depends on certain factors.
- For example, you need to cook meatFarm animals that fell from non-communicable diseases or died from accidents. Also, they first soak and then boil the salted meat of the sea beast.
- It is obligatory to cook and by-products: kidneys, liver, heart, udder, and also chicken meat. They contain many toxins and are dangerous in their raw form.
Boiled meat is less useful for feeding the dog, but it is much safer. Therefore it is better to cook meat of unknown or doubtful origin.
It is worth considering that in raw meat, much more protein than in cooked. That is, the dog eats faster with the raw product, and it will have to be cooked more approximately twice.
But you can not cook bones for dogs. Raw bone simply dissolves in the dog's stomach, and boiled is almost not digested and can make it difficult to pass the stool and too tighten it.
As for the debate on what is best for the dog: Natural meat or dry food, then we can say that the right balance of natural products in the right proportions is maintained in the expensive super premium food staple. Feeding it, you can not worry about the norms of minerals and nutrients. Also the meat there is checked and safe. Nevertheless, from time to time it is very useful for a dog to give natural meat and a scar.