Diet for dogs. What kind of diet does a dog need in case of a disease?
A dog may need diets in differentCircumstances. First of all, these are diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis in dogs, ulcers, diseases of the intestines, pancreas), diseases of the liver and gallbladder.
These diets help restore the dog's health, improve the quality of her life, prolong life. Also, a diet is necessary when there is a food allergy or an animal suffering from obesity.
Diet for dogs with pancreatitis, gastritis and other diseases of the stomach
With increased acidity of gastric juice, nutrition should provide "irritated" stomach rest.
To do this, prepare:
- Mucous soups made from cereals, vegetable soups, milk soups with mashed cereals
- Boiled or chopped meat
- Boiled fish
- Boiled soft boiled eggs
- Puree from boiled vegetables (potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini)
- Fresh unleavened cottage cheese
- Liquid well-boiled, as well as mashed porridge
- Refined vegetable oil
- The food should be in the form of puree or liquid, that is, minimally irritate the stomach and easier to digest
- The food temperature should be 37 degrees. The diet is better divided into 5-6 feedings per day, and it should generally be reduced by 25-30 percent
- All products are cooked on steam or in water and wiped
- With reduced acidity of gastric juice inThe diet should include products that stimulate the secretion of the stomach. These are meat and fish broths, fried foods, broths of vegetables, fish and meat stewed in their own juice, any canned food, sauerkraut, hard-boiled eggs, rye bread, dairy products
- The feeding regime should also be small portions 5-6 times a day
- Each product is given one product. That is, separately fed meat, porridge, soup, vegetable puree, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese and other
- Do not include fatty foods in the diet
Hypoallergenic diet for dogs
It is often not easy to determine whichProduct, or even simply a chemical element, reacts the body with an allergic reaction. For an accurate definition, a correct, exclusive diet is needed, which is introduced to reduce the hypersensitivity to food.
- At the first stage of this diet, the dog is fed oneProtein and one carbohydrate product. This should be new to the dog products, which she had never tried before. For example, rice and lamb. Or meat of wild animals, kangaroo, rabbit, barley, kinwa (movie quinoa), amaranth.
- The dog should not get anything more than anything: no scraps or treats.
- If after 8-12 weeks of such feeding the itching does not come off, then you can go through this stage again with new products.
- If the itching calmed down, you need to switch to the secondStage - comparison. It is necessary to return the dog its previous diet. If allergic symptoms return within a period of 4 hours to 7 days, then it is hypersensitive to the ingredients in this menu.
The third stage is called provocation. During this period, the dog is again fed a new menu withUnknown proteins and carbohydrates until allergic symptoms come off. Then for a week one product from the old menu is added. If there was an itch, then this product became a trigger. If there are no reactions, a week later add a new product until the one on which the allergic reaction occurs is revealed.
Diet for weight loss
If the dog does not get fat due to diseases (for more details read obesity in dogs in the article), and its problem is overeating and low mobility, then it needs a special diet.
- You need three meals a day and calculate food fromRatio: 1 kilogram of animal weight 30 calories. And do not forget that edible toys and goodies are also calories. Therefore, it is necessary to reduce the number of such products
- From the diet of the dog it is necessary to completely remove all bakery products and reduce the amount of porridge
- Increase in the diet requires a quantity of raw meat and fish, kefir and low-fat cottage cheese
- Very important for losing weight vegetables, especially zucchini, cabbage, pumpkin and carrots, which break down fats
- If the dog tolerates kefir well, you can arrange unloading days
There are special dietary dry foodFor dogs, such as the Purina Veterinary Diet for dogs. However, you need to choose food, where the caloric content is reduced by increasing the protein content and reducing carbohydrates.