The dog smells bad, how to get rid of the smell of a dog
What if the dog smells bad? Many people think that the only way to get rid of the smell of a dog is not to have a dog. But this is a delusion! This is the norm! There is nothing wrong with the dog's specific smell after walking or after its hair has become wet.
A special smell is in all dogs, except,Perhaps, only those breeds that have hair instead of hair. However, this fragrance is barely noticeable, they should not smell like the whole apartment or, say, the owner's clothes ... According to the dog breeders interviewed, the sheepdog is considered the most "fragrant" dog. The smell is least felt from toy terriers.
Causes of unpleasant odor
If the dog emits a bad smell, which is felt not only by your guests, but also by yourself, there is cause for concern. There are several reasons for the stench ...
Violation of hygiene rules
- Wash the dog as necessary, but at least every 7-10 days. Usually sources of unpleasant odor are the mouth and wool
- Brush your dog teeth every other day.
- Be sure to use a special paste. As an alternative, the children's
- Be sure to buy a special shampoo for dogs. Some dog breeders are advised to use deodorant
- You can wipe the dog's hair with a solution of vinegar and water (1/1) after bathing
- Carefully handle the pet's ears. Some dog breeders claim that it is from this part of the body that the smell of a dog emanates
- Often, the owners of dogs are used for processingWool sebazol. Do not spray your pet with scented water: the animals have a much sharper sense of smell, this operation can cost a pet scent!
- After each walk, wash the dog with paws, stomach and an area near the tail
Insufficient quality cleaning
Puddles for the dog should not just be wiped with paperNapkins, but also treated with a disinfectant. All wet stains on carpets are best wiped with lemon juice or vinegar, while it is necessary to handle the carpet from the front and from the wrong side.
As often as possible, vacuum the apartment and doWet cleaning. Regularly wash the litter of the dog - often it is the epicenter of an unpleasant smell. For prevention, wipe the floor and carpet with a solution of vinegar once a month.
Dog smells bad due to improper nutrition</ P>
- A pet should not eat the same thing as you do.
- Think about his menu so that he gets proteins, fats, carbohydrates and vitamins, which the dog needs for normal functioning.
- On this issue it is better to consult a veterinarian, he will help to make a diet that is suitable for the breed, parameters and characteristics of your animal.
Proteins are found in meat and fish. In no case do not give their dog in raw or fried form, otherwise you can infect it with helminths. Cook for a couple. Do not salt and do not pepper the food. Millet, Hercules, buckwheat, rice consist of carbohydrates, which are vitally necessary for pets. It is better not to give the dog a barley - it weakens. Kasha should be boiled on the water.
It is recommended to mix boiled meat and porridgeSo that the meat cooked was 3 times more than cereals. Vitamins for the dog are contained in cabbage, carrots, zucchini, onions, pumpkin. You can add pieces of these products to canine soup. There you also need to crumble the greens - dill, parsley and coriander also contain substances necessary for the body.
If the pet refuses to eat these foods, pick up vitamins for him, after consulting with the veterinarian.
If cleaning and careful care of the animal is notHelped to achieve the result and the smell continues to poison your life, contact a veterinarian or a 24-hour veterinary clinic: the animal needs to be checked for diseases. The dog must take tests. Many veterinarians say that a healthy dog does not stink, but only smells a little. An unpleasant odor is a distress signal that feeds the pet's body.
Stench can be the result of a serious illness.
Veronica, Manager: My brother's dog smelled disgusting, although heTried all means of getting rid of this shortcoming. And after a visit to the vet, it was discovered that the reason was cancer, killing a pet ... The animal died out within a few months.
Smell is a protective reaction of the body. Perhaps your dog is something worried, experiencing serious stress or is afraid. Because of this, her sebaceous glands secrete an unpleasant odor. Provide the pet with a normal emotional background, eliminate the causes that make him afraid.
Often, experiencing fear, the pet leaves puddles in secluded places. Do not scold him, but seek help from the zoopsychologist.
Natalia, the financier: My Spitz was very afraid of the vacuum cleaner, he justClenched in a ball and hammered into the farthest corner of the apartment, when I turned on this technique. After I cleaned the house it smelled even worse than before cleaning. The conversation with the zoopsychologist solved the problem: Bax was nervous and allocated fragrant substances when he heard the noise of a vacuum cleaner. I carefully hid the device and used it only if the Spitz was not at home. The smell of the dog no longer arose.