Trimming of dogs: basic features, price
Trimming is the plucking of a dog's old hair, which is already painlessly separated from the skin.
Why do we need trimming?
In the process of evolution, some wire-hairedBreeds of dogs have lost the ability to shed. There are a lot of such breeds: the Risenschnauzer, the Zwergschnauzer, the Mittelschnauzer, the Griffin, various kinds of terriers: Fox, West, Welsh, Selichem, Core, Scotch, Airedale, Irish and others.
However, they have old wool all the same with timeThinning and dying off. Haircut at the same time is ineffective, because when cutting hair gradually becomes more rare and soft, changes color. It is better to use trimming, which allows you to remove old and dying hair, that is, remove it mechanically using a special tool.
When does a dog need a trimming?
As the growth of hairwool hair begins to thin. This happens about six months after the previous trimming, although there is a dependence on the breed.
A good hair has a clearly visible elastic thickpart. The dog covered with such hair looks well-groomed and shiny. Wool lies in a dense shell, does not fall apart on strands and does not stick. This is the exhibition state of the wool. Over time, the hair becomes thinner and may discolour. The animal acquires a slovenly appearance. This means that it's time for the dog to trim.
- Independently it is very long and difficult to do. And when preparing for the exhibition, it is better to contact a specialist.
- Trimming Schnauzer is carried out from the age of 4 months from two to four times a year. Puppies of larger breeds (Airedale terrier and Risenschnauzer) trimming a little later - from 6-7 months.
- It is best to conduct the trimming in the spring and autumn, when moulting in dogs should occur.
- At schnauzer wool on average ripens in 4 monthsOr up to six months, which is individual for each dog. If trimming is necessary during the preparation for the exhibition, then it should be done 6-8 weeks before the event. If the dog's hair grows slowly, then it can be processed three months before the exhibition.
- Trimming makes from the nape to the tail. The neck is peeled on the sides and on top, the sides to the bottom of the chest, back, hips to the hocks, shoulder to elbow, tail from above.
- Since at first the procedure does not like the puppy because of unpleasant sensations, the first trimming is often done in several stages.
The cost of trimming in the cabin depends on the breed of the dog, its size. Trimming of small breeds (Brussels griffin,Dachshund, Jack Russell Terrier) costs from 1800 to 2200 rubles. Giant Schnauzers, Mittelschnauzers, Welsh Terriers, Airedale Terriers, Miniature Schnauzers, etc., will cost 2,400-3,800 rubles. If the dog needs a complete trimming before the bare skin, then for this it will be necessary to pay in addition an additional 2000 rubles.
If you want to do the procedure at home, thenYou will need to add payment for the departure of the master. It depends on the distance, but on average for large Russian cities the cost can range from 300 to 1000 rubles.