Mycoplasmosis in dogs: symptoms, treatment
Mycoplasmosis in dogs is an infectious disease that causes mycoplasma bacteria. This is a whole group of microorganisms, the most common of which are the smallest mycoplasma.
In general, they are a threat only to the dog, for a person being pathogenic. Mycoplasma carriers are more than 80% of animals. The most common carriers are cats.
Infection can occur asAirborne, and contact or fodder, depending on the specific features of the mycoplasma. To infect a dog, sometimes it is enough to rush after an infected cat.
What is the danger of the disease?
In dogs, mycoplasmosis causes variousRespiratory diseases: diseases of the upper respiratory tract or even pneumonia, diseases of the musculoskeletal system and the genitourinary system. Mycoplasmas often cause infertility in females, and also provoke the birth of weak or dead offspring, spontaneous abortions.
Often mycoplasmosis in dogs is accompanied byInfection with another, secondary bacterial infection. Thus, mycoplasmas are protected from antibodies of medicinal antibacterial drugs and, as a result, they pass into a chronic form.
Mycoplasma can live in different placesOrganism: genital tract, mucous membranes of the upper respiratory organs and organs of the gastrointestinal tract. They become part of the body's permanent flora, and they are known about themselves only in case of reduced immunity in immunodeficiency, oncological diseases, immunosuppression and other causes.
Mycoplasmosis can be detected only by examining and passing a clinical study of the internal flora of the body. Often in bitches, the disease is detected during examination during pregnancy.
Symptoms of mycoplasmosis in dogs</ P>
- The main symptom of mycoplasmosis isUnilateral or bilateral conjunctivitis. The dog tears flow, the eye conjunctiva swells and blushes, serous or purulent discharge may appear from the eyes.
- There may be rhinitis (upper respiratory tract damage), prostatitis, cystitis, vaginitis, urethritis and other diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Mycoplasma arthritis can also occur. The animal is destroyed articular cartilage on the articular surface formed by severe erosion, the dog begins to limp.
- Some mycoplasmas cause the formation of subcutaneous abscesses.
- The dog can have fever, general malaise, anemia, reluctance to move.
Treatment of mycoplasmosis in dogs
- Treatment of such a disease as mycoplasmosisDogs can be very long, since these bacteria are particularly resistant to certain antibodies. However, they are quite sensitive to antibiotics, such as aminoglycosides, tylosin or erythromycin.
- Also for the treatment of mycoplasmosis, fluoroquinolones, aminoglycosides, macrolides and tylosin are used. Local antibiotic therapy is prescribed for conjunctivitis.
- An infected pregnant bitch is not treated, waiting for childbirth. But they also do not give birth to her, but they do a caesarean section so that during the delivery the puppies do not become infected and do not get pneumonia, which is deadly for them.
- For the prevention of using regular examinations with a veterinarian and study the flora of the body.