Shoes for dogs - buy or make by yourself?
In an unfriendly to all living urban environment, boots for dogs are not a luxury and not a master's whim, but a real necessity.
Why do dogs have shoes?
If you are still considering buying shoes for a dog or not, then please note:
- In winter, a dog needs shoes in order toProtect paws from the impact of road chemical reagents, aggressive liquids, gasolines and oils on the roadway, as well as fragments of sharp ice.
- In summer, the dog needs reliable protection against sharp and cutting objects: broken glass, thorns and thorns. This is especially true for still unknown places for walking or traveling to new territories.
- Dog-tourist shoes are needed to protect against sharp stones in the mountains.
- After any injury to the paw, especially the cut, the woundHeals long and hard, but a dog (especially a large one) is necessary. Boots become the best protection of the damaged paw in the street, and also protect it and the house from getting different infections and puncturing the wound with a dog.
- A dog-athlete needs shoes in order to keep his paws from rubbing under prolonged and intensive loads on different hard coverings: gravel, asphalt, concrete, nast, hard snow.
- In inclement weather, the shoes will keep the dog's paws clean and dry after walking through the puddles.
How to make shoes with your own hands
If you do not like shoes that are on sale, then you can quickly and easily make shoes for the dog with their own hands. For example, for dry, including snowy weatherPossible to knit boots. To do this, it is enough to cut out four soles of boots from dense skin, suede or leatherette. They are made according to the size of the dog's foot along with the claws. Then the stockings are knitted up to the elbow and hock joints. For better fixing of the boot on the paw, it is necessary to sew the velcro over the ankle and at the very top of the shoe boot.
- For a waterproof version of shoes you need to cut from a suitable material: bologna or skin.
- You can remove the paw from the paw by putting the dog onA piece of paper and circling its paw in the form of an oval. The sole is cut with an allowance of a couple of centimeters. Next, you need to determine the height of the boot, remembering that the long boot will not need additional fixation.
- The top is covered in the form of a rectangle. One side of it is equal to the desired bootleg height, and the second is the paw circumference in the joint with the allowance.
- The shank is sewn to the future sole, and then the felt felt is pasted inside. In the bootleg is inserted a lace or elastic, which securely fix the shoe on the dog's paw.
How to teach a dog to wear shoes?
A shoe dog, you need to distract her attention fromShoe with the help of delicacy. First you need to shove the front paw in the boot so that the claws rest against the cape of the boot. To the dog felt comfortable and instinctively did not press fingers, it is necessary to press lightly on the toes with the paws from above and below to straighten them. Then the paw will occupy the desired position in the shoe, getting claws to the cape of the shoe.
After that, the shoes should be tightly fastened, tightening the elastic band or the fastener so that the shoes do not hang.
After putting on the other shoes, the dog needs to beA short leash and force to walk along, distracting her attention from shoes with a treat or toy. Usually it takes five minutes for the dog to get used to wearing shoes. The main thing - her attention in time to switch from shoes to something interesting: a treat, a toy, etc.