What if the dog sneezes and coughs?
Your dog sneezes constantly or frequently, orSneezes and coughs? What to do? First you need to find out why the dog sneezes. Sneezing is a reflex sharp exhalation through the nose, the purpose of which is to remove from the nasal cavities of foreign particles and mucus.
Causes of Sneezing
- If the dog sneezed a couple of times - it's perfectNormally, especially when it happens on the street, during games, in dust or on dry ground. Also, sneezing can cause exhaust fumes, sharp smells of aerosol dispensers and fertilizers.
- If the dog often sneezes and shakesHead, scratching his nose, breathing noisily, and discharge or blood from the nose, which means that a foreign body (a twig, a needle, a seed of grass or something else) is stuck in her nose.
In this case, the dog should be rushed to the veterinarian urgently to remove the foreign object.
If the dog at a sneeze eagerly drinks, and from its nose the blood flows, and on a muzzle injuries are visible, it is possible, it is injured. For example, during a run I came across a solid object. In this condition, veterinary care is also needed to determine the extent of the lesion.
With periodic sneezing throughout the day, especiallyAccompanied by a runny nose (while the dog often licks his nose) is to suspect the first signs of a cold. The dog should be given peace, do not strain it with physical exercises, measure the temperature. If the dog has watery snot, no therapy is needed. With mucopurulent exudate, "Sofradex", drops of dexamethasone with neomycin, 2% solution of boric acid, 0.5% of zinc sulphate solution are buried in the nose; Carefully lubricate the nasal mucosa 1% erythromycin ointment, 5% liniment synthomycin.
Most often, sneezing with a runny nose in dogs happens with viral infections. The most dangerous of them are adenovirus and carnivore plague.
- When a plague in dogs (occurs in animals under 2 years old), sneezing is accompanied by a runny nose, reddening of the nasal mucosa and conjunctivitis. Adenovirus in dogs is accompanied by a rare diarrhea and vomiting.
- Also, the dog can sneeze with such infectious diseases as acute bronchitis and acute pneumonia. They are usually in dogs due to hypothermia.
- In bronchitis, an additional symptom is a "barking" dry cough, and with pneumonia in addition to coughing, the dog will have shortness of breath and signs of intoxication.
- The cause of sneezing in a dog in the house can beallergic reaction. Most often, animals respond to caustic perfumes, including after shave lotions. Many dogs are allergic to cosmetic powder.
Sometimes a dog sneezes while eating, throwing liquid food through its nostrils. This is a physiological pathology that occurs whenThe puppy does not overgrow the hard palate, as well as in violation of the relaxation of the sphincter of the anterior esophagus and the defect in the muscular membrane of the esophagus - the diverticulum.