Abscess in dogs: symptoms, treatment, types
An abscess in dogs is a large abscess thatOccurs anywhere on the body of the dog. An abscess can be of two kinds. Deep abscess occurs under the mucous membranes, and even in internal organs. Superficial - is formed in the loose connective subcutaneous tissue.
According to veterinary statistics,Every second dog forms an abscess at least once in a lifetime. After all, his pet "to earn" is not so difficult - just prick or hit hard. That is, the abscess arises as a result of even minor injuries.
Even a relatively small abscess swiftlyDevelops and swells. At this time, inside the abscess itself, there is a surprisingly rapid reaction of the disintegration of tissues, followed by the formation of microorganisms. They are immediately absorbed into the blood and the abscess grows. As a result, the abscess can become swollen literally in 3-4 days.
Types of abscess in dogs
- Benign Look like reddened, limitedSwelling. They contain dense pus, in which malovirulent staphylococci and a large number of living leukocytes. Sometimes they occur in the dog after a shot or inoculation.
- Malignant Differ less pronounced formation of tubercle. They are less elastic, like "watery" inside, often more painful. Contain liquid pus, anaerobes and purulent-putrefactive bacteria.
- "Hot" abscess Red, swollen, painful, with a pronounced elevated temperature in place. It quickly forms and sharply proceeds, it is inclined to an arbitrary opening.
- "Cold", On the contrary, develops slowly, all signsPoorly manifested. It rarely dissolves and therefore surgical intervention is desirable. Most often this kind is observed in old sick dogs, with a reduced reactivity of the organism.
To determine the type of abscess, it is better to carry out a diagnostic puncture.
The symptoms of the abscess are pretty obvious. On the surface of the skin there is a small, painful bump that swells just before our eyes, and after two or three days it becomes loose, and there is a feeling that it will burst. At this time, a large amount of pus is formed inside the abscess. It corrodes tissues, and the abscess really spontaneously bursts in a few days.
But a deep abscess without a veterinarian to recognizedoes not seem possible. One can only notice by the general condition that the dog is sick. She is depressed, she is obviously tormented by pain in a certain place. If a veterinarian suspects an abscess, he will send the animal to X-ray.
Treatment of abscess in dogs
- With a benign abscess Apply bandages with Vishnevsky ointment,Ichthyol, a leaf of the century. In case of spontaneous dissection, the cavity is treated with antiseptic solutions, 3% hydrogen peroxide. With a narrow and deep canal, antiseptic ointments are placed. Wash the wound by deep inserting the syringe into the abscess. Easy, external washing of positive results will not give - the wound will only be dragged out from the outside, and inside the infection will remain
- With malignant abscess It is impossible to provoke his autopsy because of the danger of spreading the infection. Urgently necessary surgical intervention, and after - general and local therapy as directed and under the supervision of a doctor.
- Any abscess that has not been opened should be opened and cleaned. But it should only be done by a doctor.
- It is desirable to pierce the dog with antibiotics to clear the body of the infection.