Wetting eczema in dogs: symptoms, treatment
Eczema in dogs is one of the most frequent diseases. Its cause is almost always the irritation of a specific area of the dog's skin.
Most often irritants are dust, dirt,Skin parasites, chemicals (alkalis, kerosene, green soap). Also, eczema may appear from a strong long-term effect of heat. For example, if the dog lies near an open stove.
However, there are also cases when the causeThe appearance of eczema is not so easy to explain and it should be looked for in some internal causes of the dog's body. Eczema is not contagious and can not be transmitted to a person or other animal.
Symptoms of eczema in dogs
A full picture of eczema in dogs can be observedRarely, only in cases where it captures un-covered areas of the skin of the dog, as a rule, it's the belly. On those parts of the body that are overgrown with wool, the initial stage of the disease is practically not noticeable. The dog owner often notices only the later stages of eczema.
- Initially, in the hairless areas of the dog's body, you can see how very small individual red spots appear. Soon they increase in size and merge with each other.
- Then in their center appears a superficial pustule that bursts or dries into a brown crust.
- On the sites affected by eczema, you can seeChanges and wool. She ruffles, coarsens and falls out. If the painful process is very intense, bursting pustules form a large area of a wet bright red surface.
This form of eczema is called wetting or wet.
If the disease is not treated in time, then the changesBegin to occur not only on the surface, but also in the thickness of the skin. It becomes thicker, dense, shiny, completely naked or covered with sparse hair. Sometimes it seems to be covered with bran.
One of the signs of eczema is that the dog often itches due to itching, and its hair falls out of the moulting season slightly more intensively than usual.
Treatment of eczema in dogs
It is often enough to remove the skin irritant to treat eczema. That is, if the disease is caused by fleas, destroy them, if the cause is contamination of the skin of the dog, then it must be washed.
- If, despite the removal of the cause, eczema is notPasses, you must first try external means: talc powder mixed with glycerin, starch powder and iodine. Also, the wounds are lubricated with zinc ointment or borate vaseline with ichthyol ointment.
- Treatment of chronic eczema should occur under the supervision of a physician.
- An animal daily or every other day intravenouslyPour a 10% solution of calcium chloride to just 15 infusions. Also, 10% sodium bromide solution (8-12 infusions) is mixed with calcium chloride or 10-20% solution of sodium hyposulphite is injected 10-15 times.
- 5% ascorbic acid (15-25 injections) is injected into the muscles. To normalize and stimulate epidermis in the scab and flaky stages, injections of retinol are made.