Poisoning in dogs: symptoms, signs, treatment
Poisoning in dogs is the consequence of getting intoThe body of poison. It can happen intentionally (a dog someone will want to poison) or accidentally. The danger to the life of the dog is acute poisoning, which can be very difficult.
Dogs are less discriminating in food than cats. Most often they eat everything they give, and strive to gnaw out any object that comes across in their path. So, some masters themselves doom the pet to suffering, if:
- They feed him with spoiled food. The assertion that the stomach of a dog is capable of digesting even stones is a long debunked myth. If you give a pet to eat, then it's time to throw it away, you risk causing acute food poisoning.
- It is not enough to hide the detergents andDisinfectants, as well as mixtures for the treatment of plants, hair dye and any chemicals. Especially dangerous are: means for the extermination of rats (rat poison), insects, parasites.
- Incorrect dosing of drugs, in particular - pills and medicines against worms.
- Give the pet poor quality cheap dry food for dogs of doubtful manufacturer.
- Allow the pet to walk without supervision on the street orIn the suburban area. In the countryside, your glutton can lick the vegetables, treated with a detergent containing poison. For example, one drop of anabasin (a substance that is usually part of pesticides) is capable of killing a pet. In addition, the nature of the dog can be refilled with poisonous plantings: belladonna, bleached, dope. In a city, a dog left to himself usually "tests" the contents of a garbage can, gnaws cigarette butts and anything that seems edible to him.
With the emergence of activists calling themselvesDoghunter (dog hunters), even the usual dog walking in the city can end in tragedy. These cruel people set out to destroy stray dogs. To achieve their goal, they scatter lures with poison in the parks and lawns, along which curious animals stroll.
So, picked up on the street a tasty morselLead to the death of a pet. This has already happened in the park of the 50th anniversary of October in Moscow, resulting in the death of about 12 domestic dogs from the poison. Poisoned animals died in terrible agony: the owners, who were not prepared for such a situation, did not know how to help them ...
And not so long ago in Vladivostok from poisoningThe dog-diver Boniface, known in Russia and other countries of the world for his underwater exploits, perished. She too was refreshed by a poisonous substance on a walk ...
Types of poisoning in dogs
All canine poisoning can be divided into food and non-food. Foods do not arise from the bites of poisonous insects and animals, harmful chemicals enter the wool, skin, respiratory organs and mucous membranes.
Food poisoning occurs when you get intoToxins into the dog's digestive system. This is the most common problem, because a dog can pick something up during a walk. The dog can be poisoned by spoiled food, rat poison left over from deratization, by available medications or isoniazid, which someone could spill on intentionally.
Symptoms of poisoning in dogs
Symptoms depend on what the animal has poisoned. The most common symptoms are:
- Abundant salivation,
- Rapid, shallow breathing,
- Oppressed state or, conversely, overexcitation.
Usually symptoms of poisoning in dogs occur quickly and rapidly deteriorated.
When poisoning with rat poison, diarrhea will be with blood, the dog will have a fever, and the mucous membranes will turn pale. There is also a tachycardia, the animal moans.
When isoniazid is poisoned, otherSymptoms. Consciousness is confused in an animal, it can begin to run erratically, while it staggers, it loses orientation. Also there is vomiting, drowsiness, from the mouth appears foam, often bloody, there is respiratory depression, prolonged convulsions, coma.
First aid for poisoning a dog
What to do when a dog is poisoned? What should I give her? It is always very important to determine its cause. In this case, you can not lose a minute, because the poison quickly penetrates into the body, and the condition of the dog is getting heavier.
In any case, the firstRemoval of poison from the body. When food poisoning is necessary to induce vomiting: saline solution (a tablespoon of salt to a glass of warm water) or diluting hydrogen peroxide 1: 1.
If the dog was bitten by an insect. To the affected area you need to apply something cold: ice or compress. When you bite a snake from a wound, you need to remove the poison immediately.
If toxic chemicals have hit the skin of the dog,Should be washed off with plenty of water. When poisoning pairs of chemical compounds, the animal must be taken to a well-ventilated room or outside. When breathing in the vapor of turpentine and gasoline, the dog may begin to have convulsions and vomiting. She needs to give a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil, and a little later - a laxative.
Help with poisoning the dog with isoniazid
- At the appearance of the first suspicions, it is necessary to induce vomiting, for example, with saline solution (a tablespoon on a glass of water) or pour half a cup of vegetable oil into the mouth.
- Since this preparation is well adsorbed by activated charcoal, the dog needs to give 1-3 grams of activated carbon per 1 kg of mass.
- It is also necessary to introduce an antidote - pyridoxine (B6) (3-5 g) and give Corvalolum: 40 kg 30 drops.
- The dog needs to be constantly watered, you can milk, diluted with water. And urgently go to the hospital or call a veterinarian at home.
How to cure a dog of poisoning? How can I help her?
- With food poisoning after induced vomitingIt is necessary to clean the stomach of the dog with adsorbents. This is activated charcoal, egg white, burnt magnesia, kaolin (white clay). You can give the dog strong tea, a weak solution of potassium permanganate, milk.
- For the final elimination of toxins, the stomachWashed with a probe, and if more than two hours have passed since the poisoning, use an enema with salted water (a teaspoon per glass of water), but the water temperature should not exceed 30 degrees.
- Further treatment is prescribed by the doctor after installationDiagnosis. For example, poisoning with rat poison requires an antidote - vitamin K. Drip infusions of solutions are also carried out: Ringer-Lock, glucose, Trisol. Heart drugs, diuretics, iron preparations are used.