Teeth in dogs: removal, treatment, cleaning
It is fairly said that the health of the gastrointestinal tract starts from the teeth. Therefore, the pet must be watched for teeth.
One of the most common diseasesThe oral cavity is tartar. This is a calcareous deposit on the teeth in the form of a white-yellow plaque at the neck of the teeth. At first it is loose and light, and eventually becomes dense and dark.
The causes of the appearance of calculus in dogs
- Dental calculus consists of epithelium (deflated), food debris, bacteria, calcium and phosphorus salts and supports gum disease.
- These are bacteria that live on the surface of the tooth,Isolate in the process of metabolism insoluble, mineral compounds, which form a dense structure. The more often a dog eats, the faster the stones are formed.
- Also, the cause for dental plaque becomes a metabolic disorder, primarily saline.
Removal of calculus in dogs
Dental stone in dogs must be removed in order not to provoke various complications: smell from the mouth, the emergence of a focus of chronic gingival inflammation, intoxication of the body. Bacteria produce different toxins that enter the gastrointestinal tract, cause gastritis, hepatopathies, ulcers, worsen digestibility and digestion, overload the immune system.
Do not take tartar at home. To do this, you need to contact the veterinarian.
How does a dog remove tartar? There are two ways to remove: mechanical and ultrasonic:
- Mechanical involves scraping the stone fromTooth. But it can damage the gums. In addition, the effect of such a cleaning is temporary. More thorough cleaning can be done only under general anesthesia.
- A more modern and safe way is ultrasonic stone removal.
- The best prevention of tartar - cleaning teethafter meal. This is a home procedure, to which you need to accustom the dog from the puppy. Special toothbrushes of paste and gels for dogs are now sold. You can use and tooth powder for people (preferably a child).
- With a slight plaque, you can try to remove the tartar yourself by brushing your teeth with a powder with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
- If the tartar is formed very quickly, prophylaxis of oral health is necessary. To use toothpastes with enzymes or antiseptics.
- If the dog does not want to brush your teeth, then you need to use special adhesive tablets for animals.