Fungus in dogs: skin, ears, paws, treatment, photo
Fungi in dogs or dermatophytosis can causePathogenic microbes trichophyton, microsporium, favus (scab), or conditionally pathogenic mallasesia. This disease affects the animal's skin and some types of fungus are dangerous for humans, so you need to treat the dog immediately.
Most often the fungus in dogs appears on the skin inEars, on the feet. The causes of the appearance of the fungus can be many: contact with street animals or rodents, non-hygiene, inadequate or inappropriate diet.
Symptoms of fungus in dogs
- The first and most striking symptom of the diseaseA fungus - an itch. The dog increasingly itchy and itchy and in the localization of the fungus there are combings. In places of pruritus appear flaky parts of the skin, sometimes with broken hairs. These are the symptoms of infection with the fungus microsporium.
- When infection of trichophytosis on the skin of a dogThere are sharply outlined round bald patches on which hair remains can be found, and a strong secretion of pus is characteristic, and on the affected skin a dense layer of crusts is formed. After treatment, bald spots remain forever, as hair follicles are damaged.
- Poultry (favus) is often affected by domestic birds, and fromThey can get infected and the dog. This fungus is located near the ears, on the paws and hairless sections of the body. It emits a specific smell. The fungus is similar to rounded spots, covered with gray-yellow crusts, and the wool falls out and never grows.
- Particularly noticeable is the superficial form of the fungus, butIn the absence of treatment, it passes into the follicular and then into the chronic atypical state, when the symptoms are no longer so bright, but the animal suffers more and poses a greater threat to the immediate surroundings, both dogs and humans.
Fungus in dogs: treatment
To make a diagnosis it is necessary to make a dogLaboratory sowing, so be sure to visit a veterinarian. Dog fungal diseases are dangerous for humans, so if they are found, they must immediately begin to heal.
- Most often, vaccinations are used for treatmentDogs with such means as "Polivak", "Vakderm F" or "Microderm". The latter is more effective. Puncture it twice with an interval of two weeks. "Vakderm F" must be stabbed three times. As for "Polivak", some breeds of dogs (French bulldogs, rottweilers, Scotch terriers and dachshunds) are especially sensitive to it. At the injection site, it can cause an allergic reaction in the form of an abscess at the injection site. To avoid this, together with the vaccine, you can enter simultaneously and diphenhydramine.
- If the animal is weakened by the disease or old,It is better to treat it with antifungal antibiotics, for example, "Griseofulvin", "Itraconazole" or "Nizoral". Since antibiotics can disrupt the function of the liver and gastrointestinal tract, the animal should be kept on a hypoallergenic or therapeutic diet. The fact is that the treatment is long and should continue for a couple of weeks after the disappearance of the symptoms of the disease.
- Therapy should be systemic and in addition to vaccines andAntibiotics, it is necessary to treat the skin of the dog with medicinal preparations based on fungicides and use therapeutic souls and shampoos (Nizoral, Doctor).
Before starting treatment of the fungus, it is necessary to destroy all old bedding of the dog and disinfect all of its things, including toys. It is also necessary to limit the contact of the animal with the rest of the family, especially children. A dog with long hair should be cut as short as possible.