Vomiting in dogs: what to do? Why does a dog tear white foam, bile, blood, food
Single vomiting sometimes happens in a healthy dog and should not cause concern. Often the dog deliberately causes vomiting, absorbing the grass.
She does this in cases of deterioration of digestion, in order to relieve the sensations in the stomach. However, if the dog eats grass constantly, this may be a signal of the appearance of worms.
But persistent vomiting, in which there are also other symptoms of the disease in parallel, such as loss of appetite, increased drowsiness, depression, constipation or diarrhea, should cause fear. As a result of vomiting, there may be severe dehydration of the body and other, more serious problems.
Why does the dog tear? Main reasons
There are several reasons for this phenomenon:
- Poor-quality or inappropriate food (too fatty food), as well as the selection of food waste by the dog;
- Foreign bodies in the stomach: rubber balls, bones, stones;
- Various viral infections, such as parvovirus enteritis, distemper;
- Parasites in the body, for example, ascarids, especially in puppies (for more details, see the article: worms in dogs);
- Toxins found in pesticides, home remedies, car antifreeze, rat poison;
- Some diseases: diabetes, ulcers or cancer, which often cause vomiting with blood;
- Toxins: home remedies, rat poison, antifreeze, pesticides;
- Rocking on a trip in the car;
- Severe stress: distress or extreme arousal of the animal
However, the most frequent problem of vomiting in a dogAre diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. For example, if vomiting is observed on an empty stomach or immediately after eating and, as a rule, in the morning. It can talk about gastritis. Vomiting a few hours after a meal indicates a neoplasm or foreign body in the stomach.
Exhausting vomiting is a sign of acute cholecystitis, pancreatitis, or hepatic colic.
Symptoms of vomiting in dogs
- Signs of a dangerous disease before vomiting are: excessive salivation in the dog, whining and constant walking. The animal does not find a place, in his stomach can rumble, there will be a belch.
- Puppies, when they begin to switch toSolid food, often there is regurgitation. This is a normal process that should not bother the owner. Regurgitation occurs when the puppy overeat immediately after a meal and with it comes out not yet digested food.
- With vomiting out food from the stomach, already digested.
- Vomiting with blood from a dog is a very disturbing symptom. It indicates a serious infection, decay of the tumor or erosion of the mucosa.
- Vomiting and diarrhea in a dog with a fever are frequent companions of infectious diseases and together they lead to rapid exhaustion.
- If the mouth smells of ammonia, it means that the diagnosis can be uremia and kidney failure.
Treatment of vomiting in dogs
Vomiting with blood, bile or foam in the dog. What to do? How to treat?
- In anticipation of the doctor and the results of the tests, it is important for the dog owner to behave properly with a dog that has vomiting.
- The body needs to be cleaned without giving a dayThe dog not only food, but also water. You can allow licking ice cubes or eating a couple of hours of vomiting is not repeated, then you can offer a little chicken broth.
- On the second day, you can give liquid and fresh food: mashed potatoes from turkey breast or white chicken meat in small portions 4-6 times a day. You can add fresh greens and brown rice to it.
- To add usual food in mashed potatoes it is possible only from the third day.
- With a strong incessant vomitingA blood test that will help determine if the animal has kidney and liver diseases, cancer, diabetes or allergies. You also need an x-ray of the abdominal cavity, with which you can find out if the dog has a cancerous tumor or a foreign body.
Appearance in vomit masses of blood - veryAn alarm sign and requires an urgent call to the doctor. This may indicate a foreign body in the stomach or esophagus of a dog, as well as a severe viral disease.