How to clean the ears of a dog? Advice of specialists
Dog ears need to be cleaned regularly - about oncein Week. This will allow her to avoid various infections: otitis, ear mites, which often become chronic and require long-term treatment. Cleaning the ears of the dog is the best prevention of such troubles.
In zooptaches special lotions are offered forCleaning the ears. It is buried in the ear canal and the ear is massaged. After excess lotion is removed with a soft swab on the cotton swab. Remove lotion should not be deep, but simply wiping the ears from the inside. The dog itself will get rid of excess fluid in the ears, when it shakes its head.
There are other ways to clean the dog's ears. They are based on the use of other liquids. For example, the veterinarian holistic Dr. Hershman, suggests pre-moisturizing the ear with green tea. It is brewed as well as for drinking and cooled to room temperature. Green tea has antibacterial and acidifying properties.
How to clean the ears of a dog with tea?
- Tea does not need to be poured into the pet's ear. In it, a cotton swab is dipped and the ear is wiped. To do this, the cotton ball should be lowered into the ear behind the goat (horizontal projection inside the ear) and move upward, to the outer part of the ear.
- If the dog's ear is large, then wax plaque should be removed with dry tampons.
- After this, the cotton swab dipped in tea,Should be slowly inserted into the vertical ear canal until it stops. Then the wand needs to be moved a little, wiping the walls of the vertical channel.
- The procedure should be repeated several times, constantly replacing the cotton swabs.
- Just do not push the sticks into the ear canal with force, the dog will be hurt and there is a danger of damaging the middle ear.
In small breeds of dogs, the ear canal is prettyNarrow and it can not be cleaned with cotton buds, you can only achieve the opposite - to compact the sulfur plug. Cotton buds can be cleaned only the ear shell itself, removing sulfur from the gyrus in the outer shell.
If the smell does not smell pleasantly, it is better to wash themWarm water with a pear or syringe without a needle. But it is better to wash the ears with a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, pouring into each ear a teaspoonful of solution. And after she shook her head, wipe her ears dry.
How to clean the ears of a dog with sea salt and herbal infusions?
- Also, you can wash the dog's ears by dissolving a teaspoon of sea salt in a glass of water. You can add a teaspoon of calendula tincture to this solution.
- You can also prepare herbal infusion. The best choice in this case will be calendula, althea root, chamomile, mullein grass, lavender.
- From ticks in the ear can be got rid of by digging into the ear canal simple soothing oils - every three days for 4-6 weeks.
- During the procedures with the dog you need to talk kindly and calmly, to praise her for obedience, and at the end to reward with a delicacy and let go of the "walk" team.
- If the dog does not want to give you an ear to clean or whimper, when you take it, you can drip your ear with boric alcohol. But it can be done only if there are no injuries and open wounds.
But if the dog is clearly suffering from pain, presses and shakes the ears, then it is necessary to seek the help of a veterinarian.