White Swiss Shepherd, photo and description
White Swiss Shepherd - an amazing dog that can become trueFriend, reliable companion, guard, guide and lifesaver. Pets are very similar to the German Shepherd breed, as they are among its closest relatives.
White Swiss Shepherd - a sharp mind and charming appearance
The Swiss dog is not inferior to the German counterpartOn the development of intelligence and savvy, the only difference is the snow-white color. The pet is infinitely devoted to the family and respects the guests, which makes the breed an ideal pet.
To the origins of history
The Swiss Shepherd derives its origin fromGerman brothers. The gene that makes animals albinos is the natural gene pool of German dogs. A domestic favorite of unusual color appeared in the early 20-ies, and was called to monitor the flocks of cattle. The ancestors of blond pets were shepherds in Switzerland, and the pigmentation of their wool served as a real advantage, because the sheep took the dog "for their own" and were not frightened.
In the mid-30's, the white gene was the causeThe persecution of Swiss shepherds, many cynologists accused the albinos of all the vices of German dogs. Albinos stopped inviting to exhibitions, in connection with which, the number of representatives of the breed was sharply reduced.
From complete extinction, the breed was saved by emigration inCanada and the United States, where local breeders were delighted with a distinctive and charming dog. In the 60's, breeders brought out a new kind of albino, which enjoyed an enviable demand. Along with this, an international standard was adopted, and the modern albino received its first official name.
Developed intellect and bright appearance madeThis breed is very popular, even the Rockefeller family several times became the owner of a blond pet. In the mid-1980s, the scientists managed to prove that the "white" gene responds solely to the color of the animal and can not be the cause of deviations in the physical structure.
By the end of the 80's, the Swiss Shepherd was returning to his homeland and starting to gain popularity throughout Europe. In 2002, the Swiss Swiss Shepherd was recognized by the ICF club.
The appearance of the dog speaks of its strength andEndurance. She has developed musculature, moderate skeleton and graceful outlines. The average height of the pet is 58 cm, the average weight is 37 kg, the average age is 13 years.
Requirements for appearance:
- skull - medium size, strong, good proportion with body, wedge-shaped, muzzle and skull axes parallel;
- nose - average size, traditional color is black, white and light shades can cause disqualification at competitions;
- muzzle - a rounded shape, the central furrow is clearly defined, the lower part of the muzzle is straight, there is a smooth transition from forehead to nose;
- Lips - dark color, tightly pressed to the jaw;
- Jaws - scissor bite, strong teeth, located perpendicular to the jaw;
- eyes - almond shaped, medium size, planted obliquely, the traditional color are brown palettes;
Ears - have a standing shape, are arranged vertically and high, forward, oblong;
- neck - Muscular, with a good fit on the body, medium length, there is a rounding in the upper part;
- Housing - strong and muscular, clearly expressed withers, the back is even, the croup is wide, inclined to the base of the tail, the thorax has an oval shape, an uplifted abdominal line;
- tail - saber shaped, very fluffy, has a thick base, gradually tapering towards the end, in a state of rest takes a vertical slope, in the speaker rises high enough;
- Forelimbs - moderate skeleton, covered with developedMusculature, straight leg, paws spread wide, long shoulders with the right inclination, elbows close to the chest, forearm long, straight, the pastern has a slight inclination;
- Hind legs - set parallel to each other, angles clearlyThe hip is characterized by medium length, with developed muscles, the shin is slightly inclined, the hock is well expressed, the paws also have an oval shape somewhat longer than the forelegs;
- leather - smooth, delicate, has no folds, differs in dark color;
- wool - Hairline of medium length, which is closelyIt is adjacent to the undercoat layer, the front part of the sheepdog is covered with a short coat, the hind legs have a more fluffy coat. Representatives of the breed can be longhaired and short-haired. The first pupils gained recognition in Germany and France, the second became widespread in Canada, the Netherlands;
- dynamics - fast steps, identical in size and strength, the dog is repelled by strong strides, moves gracefully by trot.
Advantages and disadvantages of the breed White Swiss Shepherd
White Swiss Shepherd is an animalGood-natured, who will show signs of aggression and protect the owner only in case of a real threat. Pets quickly become attached to household members and show them boundless love. To extraneous people, animals can be wary, but, in no case, aggressively.
Swiss Shepherd is a recordSpeed of training, she literally absorbs all the information and obediently performs tricks. Pet is very inquisitive, responsive to affection, gets along well with children and protects them. In comparison with the German sheepdog, the Swiss kinsman has a softer character.
Albinos are extremely communicative and are able to get along with almost all animals. Pet has developed hunting instincts, which make him an unsurpassed guard of country houses.
Pets are ideal in almost allSense, but household members may not like the fact that the dog often engages in "vocal exercises". A darling can bark from boredom, on passers-by, communicate with other dogs, or simply express their thoughts aloud. Albinos have an impressive range of voice signals, which they use without embarrassment.
About the nature of the pet
The nature of the pet can be called an ideal. This is evidenced not only by the owners' opinions, but also by the opinion of professional cynologists. Obedience and balance are the main features that shape the nature of the albino.
White color, symbolizing kindness andSincerity, reflects the essence of the pet. The dog shows utmost devotion, friendliness and ingenuity. The Swiss always remains on the alert, especially in the company of strangers. However, he does not give signs of aggression, behaves calmly.
Albino easily finds an approach to each memberFamily, starting with the family and ending with Siamese cats. Pay attention that, despite the friendly disposition, the sheepdog is a selfish dog and will not tolerate disrespect to himself.
The breed is different in that it often gives a voice,When he feels a certain threat. However, pets can also bark when expressing joy. A mature mind prevents the albino from "naughty" around the house, so the dog will never give trouble to the owners.
Features of training
Albinos love to work and are differentIngenuity, so they become obedient very quickly. In order to raise a socially developed puppy, it must be introduced to people and other animals from early childhood. The Swiss quickly remembers the team and can perform the most complex tricks.
It is recommended to bring up puppies gently, withoutCries and punishments. A respectful attitude and encouragement of goodies will work better than the rigid training techniques that are so often used in the case of "Germans". The pet loves activity and will be grateful if the classes are held outdoors in the form of a game.
Nuances of content
The first requirement for the content of albinoIs a sufficient space. Like any other large breed, a white sheep dog needs a place. Therefore, the best home for the animal will be a country cottage. If you live in a close one-room apartment, then the fair-haired breed will not suit you.
Just pay attention to the physical stress of the pet. In order for the shepherd to always stay in shape, it is necessary to conduct training with her - running with obstacles and weighting.
Care of the hair is reduced to combing the fur coat every few weeks. During moulting, it is recommended that the procedure be performed several times a week. A pet needs to prune its claws once every six months.
Albino has strong health, but is at risk of hereditary diseases:
- Dysplasia - the breeder must provide the buyer with x-rays that confirm the health of the dog;
- Deafness - all breeders should test the pups for the presence of the disease;
- Heart failure;
- Mental disorders - shyness, aggression, non-standard behavior.
Choosing a puppy and price range
Before buying an albino, make sure thatThe pet will be coveted for the whole family. The dog is very loyal to the owners and requires reciprocity from people. It is recommended to purchase a shepherd only from specialized breeders who can show documents to the father and mother of the baby. Unfair sellers often sell "mixtures", as a result of which a grown-up individual may not be a Swiss shepherd.
The difficulty of buying is that in a smallThe age of the puppy does not have any specialized characteristics of the breed, so it is difficult to distinguish purebred pets. A common mistake is the pursuit of a cheap price. It is recommended to buy puppies through an animal club in your city or contact those breeders who have proven themselves.
- Do not hesitate to be interested in the pedigree of the puppy;
- Observe the behavior of the dog, Swiss shepherds are active from an early age, which is a sign of health;
- Find out if there were any knits in the pedigree of the baby between relatives. In the case of a positive response, it is better to refuse to purchase a particular puppy, since the risk of mutations and pathologies is high.
White Swiss Shepherd is a rare visitorIn our country, which determines the high cost of albino. The average cost of a pet from specialized breeders is $ 800. At the same time you receive documents on the animal and have the right to participate in exhibitions. When buying a pet without a pedigree you can save - about $ 550 for a puppy.
Menu for albino
White Swiss Shepherd needs a full-fledgedAnd balanced nutrition. Note that making a diet of natural food is much more difficult than using dry food. However, this is much more useful for the health of the Swiss. Puppies need to be fed at least 6 times a day. After six months, you should reduce the number of meals to 3 times. The adult should be fed twice a day, observing the schedule.
- 500 grams of meat per day, preferably not fatty varieties (beef, poultry, game);
- Bones from the diet are excluded, since the dog can choke on them;
- River and sea fish for keeping the necessary level of phosphorus in the body. Choose not bony grades or carefully prepare the fish before "feeding";
- Porridge: buckwheat, rice, pearl barley, buckwheat, millet. Varied porridge can be added vegetables and even fruits. Many pets adore raspberries and apricots, in honor there is a pumpkin, greens and zucchini;
- Eggs - several times a week for 3-4 pieces;
- Include in the diet of a favorite cottage cheese, curdled milk and cheeses.
If all these products are included in the menuShepherds, then there will be no need for additional vitamins. This diet will more than sate the appetite of a pet, as well as replenish the necessary stock of trace elements. Watch how the dog eats. If she does not eat all the food at a time, then the amount of food should be reduced. Otherwise, you risk causing the albino to overeat and feel bad.
In the case of "living" an albino on the street in the winterThe number of servings or their size is recommended to be increased. Water should be placed in a place accessible to the pet. To change it it is necessary time in 2 days, thus it is necessary to wash utensils from which the dog drinks.
When choosing a dry food, it is recommended to givePreference for premium brands. They cost, of course, more expensive, but it's risky to save on the pet's nutrition. Cheap food provokes the development of diseases of the kidneys and bile ducts. Also, a low-quality diet is the cause of the formation of tumors, which significantly reduces the life expectancy of the pet.