Trichophytosis in dogs: symptoms, treatment, photo
Trichophytosis is a skin disease of a fungal character. Simply, this disease is called deprive. It is an infectious disease not only in animals, but also in humans.
It is caused by imperfect fungi of the genusTrichophyton. These fungi in dogs form a large number of spores, which are easily and widely distributed. Fungi are very resistant to the action of disinfectants and heat, long live in the environment: in the soil, on the litter, on wooden objects.
They can be carried by rats and mice, stray dogs. The appearance of ringworm is also promoted by superficial skin lesions and adverse weather conditions. Most often, we are deprived of puppies, as well as animals with reduced immunity and poor nutrition.
Symptoms of trichophytosis in dogs
Trichophytosis is a chronic disease. It becomes noticeable when spots appear on the skin of the animal, on which broken hair hairs are visible. These areas are also covered with crusts and scales. Often the spots have a rounded shape, and crusts and scales have an asbestos-gray color.
Most often, the lesion appears on the skin of the neck,Head, limbs. If the case is triggered, multiple spots can capture large areas of the body and merge. Itching is mild or absent. There is also a deep form of trichophytosis, when pus accumulates under the crusts - it occurs suppuration of the hair follicles. Trichophytosis can also hit claws - they deform and become thick. The dog tries to scratch and lick the lesion.
Treatment of trichophytosis in dogs
- It is better not to treat an animal on its own.
- It is necessary to show it to the veterinarian whoDiagnose on the basis of clinical signs and the results of microscopic examination of skin scrapes and ultraviolet irradiation of affected areas.
- Also, crops can be grown on special nutrient media.
- If the lesion of the dog's skin is local, the wool at the edges of the plaque is sheared, and the skin is washed with a solution of betadine, removing the dead scales.
- It is necessary to treat affected areas daily with fungistatic solution, cream or ointment.
- If the affected areas are infected, they must be treated with antibiotic ointments.
- In case of severe lesions, it is better to cut off all the wool, and the dog should be treated twice a week with fungistatic fluid.
- Appointed drugs and inside - griseofulvin (fulvicin).
For preventive maintenance, and also treatment deprived use highly effective inactivated vaccines.