The dog itches, but there are no fleas: how much and what to do
The dog often itches due to itching in certain places. It can have a nose, ears, a region of muzzle, neck, shoulder, side.
The reasons for itching can be quite a lot.
Reasons for why the dog is itching badly
- First of all, these are parasitic insects,Visible to the eye: lice, fleas, withers. You can independently inspect the animal in search of these parasites, enough to push the wool. If the skin is found black grains, it's fleas.
- If the hairs of the wool are visible transparent bubbles - it's about lice.
- Vlsoeda can be seen from the results of his wrecking - on the body of the dog you can see the places where the wool looks like an even cropped. Here the dog is constantly scratching.
- Strong itch cause and inconspicuous eye mites, which cause a variety of diseases: lingvatules (mite settles in the nose of the dog), otodectosis (the mite is localized in the ears).
With zudnevoi scabies (sarcaptosis)The microscopic mite deeply damages the skin and causes unceasing strong itching. The dog is actively itching at night. Such a state leads the animal to nervous and physical exhaustion, it can not eat and is capable of even dying.
Heyletiosis is caused by a tick, living onSurface of the skin. On dark wool, they are noticeable as moving dandruff. That is, if in addition to the itching of the dog appeared dandruff, it is worth to look at it, do not tick it. If the dog is not only itchy, but it also has wool, you can suspect food allergy.
It is worth remembering whether something has changed in the dietAnimal in recent times. This applies to both natural food and dry food. With similar symptoms, there is such a dangerous disease as demodicosis or red scabies. When it is pruritus, it is often accompanied by purulent inflammation of the skin.
Lesions of the skin and coat start from the outside of the forelimbs. They are red in appearance, and the wool falls out. To determine the pathogen, it is necessary to urgently scrape off the skin.
What should I do if the dog's ears, eyes, muzzle, paws or other parts of the body are constantly scratching?
- When detecting lice, fleas or vow-eaters, the dog, as well as the floor in the enclosure or apartment, must be treated with neostomozana, butoksa and so on.
- After treatment after 5 days, you need to wear a special dog collar against fleas.
- If you suspect lingvatulosis, otodecosis, sarcaptosis, heyletiosis, it is better to contact the veterinarian for an accurate diagnosis and the correct diagnosis.
- Without a specialist, we can not do without an allergen or suspected demodicosis.